Tips For Making Screen Time Safe For All Kids
Toddlers & Preschoolers
• Swap generic apps for age appropriate apps, like Kids Youtube for Youtube.
• Do not create routines you do not wish to uphold. Let’s face it, toddlers just don’t understand.
Kinder - 2nd Grade
• Keep it kid-friendly with apps like Minecraft, Angrybirds and sprinkle in some learning games like ScratchJr.
• Make sure to take the time to go through the intro, when you install, to see the exiting options and privacy settings.
• Set limits. Check if your apps, specifically games, have timers. Take the time to set them.
Tweens – (3rd – 5th Graders)
• Watch together and have frequent conversations about what’s funny online and what the latest lingo is.
• Tweens are typically very addicted to mostly gaming apps but the desire to level up is very enticing.
• Make sure you know their friends’ online user names.
Omg. Lol. Brb.
• Warn them about the dangers of social media; online stranger-danger, adult content and most importantly Cyber Bullying.
• Make it a point to have regular check-ins (at irregular non-predictable times.)
Have any tips or tricks tucked-in your mom jeans? Let us know in the comments below.
Read More New, TinkingTechy Tips & Reviews
Ready for an epic solar event? In a few weeks on Monday, August 21st, 2017 a Solar Eclipse will be visible from everywhere in the U.S. Wherever you are you'll be able to catch a phase of the eclipse. This will be the first total solar eclipse visible in the...
Most Moms still think the future is going to be a man's world. According to a recent study, performed by the Common Sense Media group, parents still believe TV and Movies are heavily influencing the way boys and especially girls shape their role in society....
Nasa's Jet Propulsion Lab - TinkingTechy Tour Review May 21st, 2017 we, our family and friends took a tour of Nasa's Jet Propulsion Lab's campus at Cal Tech. It was EPIC! Admittedly, this was my first time and all I expected was a possible tour of mission control and...